But, for those of you who are interested in why CINNAMON is such a superfood, here's the quick 4-1-1. Plus, I've even thrown in a few ideas to tantillize your taste buds and get you ready to experiment with the superspice this weekend!
The Benefits of Cinnamon
· 1 tsp = 6 calories
· Source of calcium, fiber, and magnesium
· Contains antioxidant flavonoids & essential oils with antibacterial & anti-inflammatory properties
· May stabilize blood sugar after consuming carbohydrates
Quick & Simple Taste Bud Approved Recipe Ideas
· Sprinkle on oatmeal and top with fresh sliced banana
· Make your own cinnamon granola or muffins (recipe provided today)
· Top cottage cheese with cinnamon & sprinkle with chopped walnuts
Lunch & Dinner:
· Roasted squash with cinnamon-butter
· Try spicing up Short Ribs, Chicken Biryani or Lamb Tagine
· Add a little kick to your Bolognese meat sauce!
· Cinnamon Roasted Almonds (or nut of choice!)
· 0% Fat Greek Yogurt mixed with PB2 & a sprinkle of cinnamon, paired with apples
· Graham Crackers (or crackers, toast or rice cakes) topped with PB2 or cottage cheese, sliced bananas and a sprinkle of cinnamon!
Have another suggestion on how to use the superspice? There's still time to submit recipes for the Foodie Contest from National Nutrition Month!
Feel free to comment here, post to Facebook or share on Instagram... we'd love to hear from you!