• Soy milk or yogurt is an excellent source of protein and calcium on-the-go that can be found at any of our Markets
• Add some locally-produced San Diego Soy Dairy Tofu on your salad next time you’re in a Dining Services Restaurant to top off your salad. The possibilities are endless!
In addition to being a stellar protein source, soy is also relatively low in calories and total fat. The minimal fat it does contain is naturally occurring from plant sources, which helps protect your heart and lower your cholesterol levels over time. Believe me, it’s something you will be thankful for in your 30s!
If you’re new to soy, check out the simple suggestions from one of our fellow guest bloggers, Evelyn Nash, on how to incorporate this superfood in your diet today!
2-Ingredient Chocolate Milkshake
HAPPY NATIONAL SOY FOODS MONTH!!!
What better way to celebrate than with a chocolate milkshake right?!?! I would be lying if I told you that I don't crave a nice creamy chocolate milkshake from In-and-Out but I found an easy (and healthy!) way to duplicate it. This is one of my favorite recipes to make because it could not be any simpler (just 2 ingredients) and it’s something you can feel good about treating yourself to. Plus, you can use your Dining Dollars and pick up the ingredients at your Neighborhood Market.
All you need is:
8 oz of Chocolate Soy Milk
All you do is:
1. Slice banana and freeze for at least 4 hours.
2. Place frozen banana slices in blender and add chocolate soy milk.
3. Blend until nice and smooth!
There you have it: the simplest and healthiest chocolate milkshake ever.
You can even further customize it by adding protein powder, extra chocolate, or another fruit like strawberries (chocolate strawberry milkshake? yes please!) Whatever you decide take the time to celebrate National Soy Foods Month and reward yourself for all of your hard work.
Interested in learning more about a particular topic? Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow HDH on twitter & check Facebook for upcoming events featuring the Taste Buds!